* BULLETIN DEADLINE: Mondays before 12 noon
- contact: Sue - 641-423-5001, DBQ130sec@arch.pvt.k12.ia.us
UPCOMING EVENTS - for additional events go to Parish Calendar
* August 24, 10:30 am - 4:00 pm - Epiphany Parish Fall Festival ~ CLICK HERE for details
* August 26 to September 4 - Fr Neil will be on vacation. Contact parish office if need arises.
* August 25 to August 29 - Volunteers are needed for MEALS ON WHEELS Call Leah at 423-0148.
* August 26, 7:00 pm - CDA will meet at Holy Family Church Social Hall.
* August 26, 7:00 pm - Men's Club will meet at the Epiphany Parish Center (West End).
* September 2, 9:30 am - St Elizabeth Seton Circle will meet at Village Court Restaurant.
* September 7, 12:15 pm - User Updates will be held in the Holy Family Church Hall.
* September 21 - Baptism Class, Epiphany Parish Center
* September 25, 7:00 pm - User Updates will be held in the Holy Family Church Hall.
FOR MORE INFORMATION & MORE EVENTS - go to Parish Calendar or Parish Bulletin
Secretary of Faith Formation
The Faith Formation office is seeking a secretary beginning this fall. This is a part-time position of 20-22 hours per week. Ideal candidates must possess good written and oral communication skills. Candidates must also have good organizational skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job. Secretarial experience and understanding of the Catholic faith are an advantage. For more information, CLICK HERE. If interested please contact Business Manager, Rich Lorence, at the Parish Office (641-423-5001) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Scripture Readings and Reflection for August 24
Scripture Readings for 21st Sunday Ordinary Time
Sunday Connection - Loyola Press, Jesuit Ministry
Fr. Beck's Sunday's Word
St Paul Center for Biblical Theology
Center for Liturgy - St Louis University
FROM THE PASTOR: Next week is our Epiphany Parish Festival! Of course, we are hoping for good weather like we have been enjoying for much of August. That however is one of the things we cannot control; we simply ask God for what we need.
What we do need (and you completely control) is your involvement and participation. Volunteer please! Sell and return raffle tickets (more are available)! Invite others to come with you to the festival! Come and support this important fundraising event! The festival is a big piece in our parish budget. Please help in every way you can to make it a success and fun.
Gratefully, Fr. Neil
Your Role in the Parish...
We need YOU! There are many opportunities to become involved in your parish community. Right now there is a need for:
* Lectors at the 4:00 Mass at Holy Family - Contact the Parish office at 423-5001.
* Volunteers to assist and lead Children's Liturgy - If interested in helping
Contact Carol: 425-9159 (at SJ 9 am Sun), contact Lisa: 423-5001 (at HF 11 am Sun)
* Musicians - Organist, Pianist at weekend Masses - Contact the Parish office at 423-5001.
Join the choir! Adult Choir practices Wed eve, 7 pm. Youth Choir meets 2nd Sun eve 6:30 pm.
* Baby Pantry Coordinator - Contact the Parish office at 423-5001.
* Donations to Baby Pantry - underwear size 2T-3T and socks for ages 3-5; monetary gifts, too!
Donations may be brought to the Epiphany Parish Center during regular parish office hours.
Catholic Charities - Counselor
Val Tichy has her Masters degree in counseling and her bachelor's in Elementary Education. She is experienced in group, individual, adult, child, marital and family counseling. Services are on an income-based sliding fee scale. Counseling is available Monday - Wednesday, 8:30-4:30 and Thursdays, 8:30-7:00 pm. Please call 641-424-9683 for an appointment.
Justice for Immigrants
What, in a nutshell, is the U.S. bishops' position on immigration reform? Does the Catechism of the Catholic Church have anything to say about this issue? FIND OUT ANSWERS TO THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS HERE.
Subscribe to the Parish Newsletter online...
Sign up to receive the Parish Newsletter online. Just send an email to: email@example.com then write 'subscribe' in the subject line! Your email address is not used for any other mailings
Already a subscriber?
Make sure that it isn't going to your 'SPAM' mailbox!
Include - Jennifer Cooper, firstname.lastname@example.org listed as one of your contacts.
The Subject Line will be: Epiphany Parish News