* BULLETIN DEADLINE: Mondays before 12 noon
- contact: Sue - 641-423-5001, DBQ130sec@arch.pvt.k12.ia.us
Secretary of Faith Formation
Position Available - CLICK HERE for more information: To provide skilled secretarial services for Faith Formation office. This is a part-time position of 20-22 hours per week, primarily on Wednesdays. Salary is negotiable.
Scripture Readings and Reflection for July 20
Scripture Readings for 16th Sunday Ordinary Time
Sunday Connection - Loyola Press, Jesuit Ministry
Fr. Beck's Sunday's Word
St Paul Center for Biblical Theology
Center for Liturgy - St Louis University
UPCOMING EVENTS - for additional events go to Parish Calendar
* July 19 & 20 - Hawkeye Harvest Food Bank Collection - at weekend Masses.
* July 19 & 20 - Scrip will be available for purchase after the Masses at Holy Family Church.
* July 20, 11:00 am - Epiphany Youth Choir will sing at Holy Family Church
* July 20, 12:30 pm - Next Baptism Class at the parish center
* August 24 - Epiphany Parish Fall Festival
* Newman Events - go to CALENDAR page; scroll down to Newman Events
IGNITE YOUR FAITH This Summer With New Catholic CDs!!! Use your summer travel and exercise routine to listen and learn more about your Catholic Faith. See THIS DOCUMENT for more information. The CDs are located in the kiosk in the back of St. Joseph’s Church. Don’t take a vacation from your Catholic Faith this summer!
WELCOME CHELSIE STEVENS! A youth minister has been hired for our area parishes! She’ll begin her work, as our youth minister, on July 14th. The area parishes of St. Patrick, Clear Lake, Sacred Heart, Rockwell, Epiphany Parish of Mason City and Sacred Heart, Manly have together hired Chelsie as an area wide coordinator of youth ministry. She will be working with high school and middle school age youth in our parishes. Her office will be at the Epiphany Parish office, but programming will involve all our parishes. See BULLETIN to read her note!
BABY PANTRY NEEDS boys summer clothes sizes 12-18 months. Used is just fine. We also need 2T,3T,4T,5T, & 6T briefs for girls and boys. Thanks for all your wonderful response to our requests. So far this year we have helped 318 infants and toddlers.
* Prepare & serve the noon meal at the Community Kitchen on the 3rd Monday of each month. For more information or to volunteer contact Audrey at 423- 9306.
*Wash and iron altar linens used each week at St. Joseph Church, call parish office: 423-5001.
*Usher at weekend Masses. Contact parish office 423-5001.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE CATHOLIC CHURCH?
*Contact the parish office at 423-5001. RCIA is the process of joining the Catholic Church.
Your Role in the Parish...
We need YOU! There are many opportunities to become involved in your parish community. Right now there is a need for:
* Lectors at the 4:00 Mass at Holy Family - Contact the Parish office at 423-5001.
* Volunteers to assist and lead Children's Liturgy - If interested in helping
Contact Carol: 425-9159 (at SJ 9 am Sun), contact Lisa: 423-5001 (at HF 11 am Sun)
* Musicians - Organist, Pianist at weekend Masses - Contact the Parish office at 423-5001.
Join the choir! Adult Choir practices Wed eve, 7 pm. Youth Choir meets 2nd Sun eve 6:30 pm.
* Baby Pantry Coordinator - Contact the Parish office at 423-5001.
* Donations to Baby Pantry - underwear size 2T-3T and socks for ages 3-5; monetary gifts, too!
Donations may be brought to the Epiphany Parish Center during regular parish office hours.
Catholic Charities - Counselor
Val Tichy has her Masters degree in counseling and her bachelor's in Elementary Education. She is experienced in group, individual, adult, child, marital and family counseling. Services are on an income-based sliding fee scale. Counseling is available Monday - Wednesday, 8:30-4:30 and Thursdays, 8:30-7:00 pm. Please call 641-424-9683 for an appointment.
Justice for Immigrants
What, in a nutshell, is the U.S. bishops' position on immigration reform? Does the Catechism of the Catholic Church have anything to say about this issue? FIND OUT ANSWERS TO THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS HERE.
Subscribe to the Parish Newsletter online...
Sign up to receive the Parish Newsletter online. Just send an email to: email@example.com then write 'subscribe' in the subject line! Your email address is not used for any other mailings
Already a subscriber?
Make sure that it isn't going to your 'SPAM' mailbox!
Include - Jennifer Cooper, firstname.lastname@example.org listed as one of your contacts.
The Subject Line will be: Epiphany Parish News